Topic Brainstorm


Tricksters
Tricksters come in all shapes and sizes. Good and bad, human and animals, tricksters are endless in all cultures. Tricksters cross social and moral boundaries to get what they want. Tricksters are known to be thieves who defy authority and lie. Trickers play a big part in African American literature and native American tradition. I'm interested in this topic after working on this weeks reading. After reading the trickster story I found it to be extremely clever. I'm interested in psychology and moral ethics so I think this would be really interesting to read and think about.

Bookmarks: Video, article

Mermaids


Mermaid Painting


Mermaids are half female half fish and are in folk-lore all around the world but originated from Greece. Mermaids are usually characterized as seductive and mischievous. They are a fictional character but some have claimed to see sightings. I've always been interested in mermaids but don't know much about them besides Aquamarine and The Little Mermaid. Ocean mythology like monsters and mermaids have alway interested me so I was excited to see this is one of the topic options!

Bookmarks: Article

Devil Stories
The devil is the main source of all evil. He defied God and chose a life of bad. I am fascinated in why people or things choose to make the choices that they do. I'm petrified of scary movies and often made my mom sleep in my bed when I watched Pretty Little Liars. This topic would definitely push me outside of the box but I think the folk-lore would be really interesting to read.

Bookmarks: Article

Cats
Cats in mythology are strong characters and were worshiped by ancient Egyptians. They are told throughout many cultures and are related to the God Isis. I think this would be interesting to learn about because I love cats! I had a cat up until last cat that was six months younger than me. I consider Cats to be elitist and extremely loyal to ones they love and I feel like they are portrayed similarly in mythology.

Bookmarks: Article, story

Comments

Popular Posts