Growth Mindset



My Growth Mindset Journey

Designed by Islam Abudaoud

Before this assignment, I haven't heard of Carol Dweck before, but I've heard of her idea. Looking back I transformed from a 'fixed' to a 'yet.' I was applying for advertising internships and had my heart set on one. I went through two rounds of interviews and felt extremely confident about getting the position. Weeks went by and I finally got an email in my inbox saying that they didn't think I was the right fit for the internship. I was completely devastated. My whole life I was told that I could never make it in fashion and should choose a career that was safe. This is when I changed to a 'yet' mindset Advertising was my safe career choice and after being denied the internship I turned back to my passion. I applied to 73 internships and finally received an interview for a fashion public relations internship. After being accepted I moved to Los Angeles for the summer and worked harder than ever. I chose this meme for my blog because it reminds me of myself. At the time, I wanted nothing more than to be accepted in a career field that I was told was my only choice. After being accepted into a field I've loved since as long as I can remember felt so empowering. I would love to learn more about growth mindset this semester. I really have an interest in self-help because it makes me stay positive. I am a Virgo and oftentimes hard on myself. Things like the Growth Mindset remind me that I have the universe in the palm of my hands if I just accept it. 

Comments

Popular Posts